First and foremost, please accept our apologies for this delayed announcement. The jury is – still – working. So, please, be patient and thank you in advance.
Hourglass has gone through some stormy weather – and it followed us from the beginning of the year 2017. And now, we don’t want to bother you with chauvinistic and nationalistic boundaries, and cancelations by some sponsors (mostly from Bosnia and Herzegovina), but we do want to tell you a little bit about our future:
- The Government of Republic of Srpska, as well as the city of Banjaluka, finally recognised our endeavours and gave us their support.
- Thanks to the collaboration with the mentioned institutions we are starting ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM.
- We have stared collaborating with an NGO Oštra Nula from Banja Luka and they are efficiently working on writing and pitching projects to the various organisations that could help Hourglass live long and prosper. We hope, in the near future, that our contest will become “no fees” contest but contest prizes will remain the same.
- Tanja Stupar-Trifunovic is our new judge (more information in our newsletter).
- Also, our developers are working to (finally) establish DIGITAL EDITIONS, as we already talked about in our previous announcements, as seen in Paris Review, New Yorker, Harper’s and so on.
- At last, now it is the right time to join Hourglass Literary Magazine to become intern or volunteer for a half year. We will consider all volunteers and interns for jobs; unfortunately not all volunteers and interns will get a long-term job, but recommendations and working experience sometimes can be more important than job itself. Please, e-mail us at: editors [at] hourglassonline.org
- We are redesigning and reorganising Hourglass Literary Magazine.
Again the jury is WORKING and the results of the contest will be announced soon. So, please, be patient and thank you – again – in advance. Stay tuned – follow our website, your Submittable account, like us via Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, and, please, subscribe to our Newsletter.
Hourglass Literary Magazine